Marel rocks at AMI
09 Mar 2011
It‘s the town by the lake that spawned the immortal sounds of Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Howlin’ Wolf, Junior Wells, Koko Taylor and countless other blues legends.
And now Chicago’s Hyatt Regency hotel will rock to the sounds of Marel’s very own Blues Project as the band takes to the stage for three nights to help visitors to Stand 2007 at this year’s AMI Expo relax and chill out after the rigours of a hard working day.
Performing in the Windy City under the name of the Ice Blue Band, the Blues Project line-up consists of four long-time Marel employees and veteran musicians, fronted by one of the Nordic region’s best-known singers.
- Haraldur “Halli” Gunnlaugsson, internal communications manager — guitar
- Jóhann Jón Ísleifsson, purchasing manager — guitar
- Brynjar Már Karlsson, embedded software programmer — bass
- Haukur Hafsteinsson, embedded software programmer — drums
- Andrea Gylfadóttir, international diva — vocals
To provide the band with a suitable venue, the hotel’s ballroom will be transformed into a Marel blues club featuring a programme of blues classics, soul and a little bit of boogie that should include something to suit everyone.
Attracting some 5,000 buyers and 400 exhibitors drawn from 100 countries, AMI is North America’s premier meat event. Staged this year at the Hyatt Regency, McCormick Place, the show runs from April 13-16.