Single Crust Freezer
The Marel Single Crust Freezer freezes the outer bottom surface of the product, which is in direct contact with the belt, preparing the product for a variety of further application such as slicing and cutting operations. The Single Crust Freezer can also be used for various other applications such as avoiding belt marks on products prior to entering the main IQF freezer and increasing capacities for existing IQF freezers.
The Single Crust Freezer is a fully factory assembled series, which offers great savings in terms of installation time. The products are placed on a thin continuous plastic film belt and gently led through the freezing zone. Cooling plates are mounted under the belt ensuring a fast crust freezing of product’s “underside”.
- The freezing zone is built into a fully welded insulated stainless steel cabinet designed for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Sea water resistant aluminum freezing plates are used for efficient heat transfer
- The Single Crust Freezer is equipped with a special belt control system that ensures a straight, smooth and trouble free operation at all times
- The Single Crust Freezer can be used as a stand-alone unit or as an integrated part of a fully automated processing line
- Marel offers the complete solution – Flattening – Single Crust Freezing - Portioning
Or contact your local marel representive today