Farmed fish packing solution
- Precise size & weight grading ensures higher value product
- Reduced labor costs as grading and packing are one operation
- Reduced giveaway compared to manual packing
- Optional label printing with barcode and real-time data
- Combined with Innova, yield results are only a mouse-click away
Marel introduces the Farmed Fish Packing Solution for fast and efficient grading and batching into fixed-weight packs. A task-specific solution at the right price.
Marel’s Farmed Fish Packing Solution packs to such an accurate fixed target weight that increased yield alone ensures a fast return on investment.
It’s the value-adding solution for handling small, whole fish such as tilapia, trout, sea bass and sea bream, with a capacity of up to 125 fish/minute.
Combined with the Innova Grading module, total feedback reporting of the packing and grading process is available in real time.
Whole small fish are fed into the grader individually via a high precision flowscale, weighing each piece individually in a continuous stream. Predefined weight grades are directed to the different gates and collected in holding bins. When a batch is completed, the holding bin closes and the next batch is collected.
As a batch is being generated, operators pack fish into boxes on the packing table. The operator pushes the completed box to the takeaway conveyor.
- Processes up to 4 sizes simultaneously
- Capacity of 125 fish/min
- Grading and packing in one operation thus reducing labour costs
- Accurate grading ensures minimum giveaway and maximum yield
- Real-time control & monitoring feedback option
Or contact your local marel representive today