IPL Intelligent Portion Loading Robot
- Higher speed of production, output & yields
- Superb product presentation
- Minimised risk of product damage
- High levels of hygiene through reduced manual handling
- Multi-head configurations
The Marel Intelligent Portion Loading Robot (IPL Robot) picks single, fresh or frozen, bone-in or boneless meat portions or sliced groups – like bacon, cooked deli meats, fish and cheese – from a portioner, slicer, saw or conveyor and places them straight into trays or thermoformers ready for packing.
Portion Loading Robots are used in the food industry in increasing numbers as processors search for faster, more economic methods of production that will enable them to satisfy the demands of modern retailers and the rapidly changing lifestyles of consumers.
Research by the University of Lincoln has shown that the use of robotic methods to handle pre-sliced, ready to eat meat products presents the user with the opportunity to reduce initial bacterial loadings and as a result it is possible to extend the shelf life of the product in food handling.
- Accurately recognises the position and orientation of portions on the conveyor.
- Identifies incorrectly sized or misshapen portions and places them as required.
- Regulates product quality and specification by assessing fat content levels through the portion’s size and shape.
Multi-head configurations with custom grippers
- Smooth, consistent gripper movement minimises the risk of product damage – providing production continuity and excellent presentation.
- Up to six pick and place head units can be operated from a single vision and control system, providing a very high level of flexibility and throughput.
- Each head can be programmed to perform different tasks e.g. varying product presentation layouts (such as singles or shingles) or the number of products in a tray.
- Can be integrated with and interfaced to virtually any other machine in a production system e.g. slicers, saws, thermoformers and tray sealers.
- Provides high output, high yields, superb product presentation and flexibility in terms of application.
Brochures & Case Studies
Or contact your local marel representive today