In the chilling tunnel, eviscerated products are cooled to a predefined deep core temperature in a very short period of time. The structure and quality will not be disturbed. Weight loss, caused by the cooling process, is limited to a minimum due to air blowing in an exact mixture of temperature, speed and quantity. This process decreases the total chilling time substantially compared to other pre-chilling systems.
Each conveyor layer in the chilling tunnel has alternating positions to reduce to the risk of products dripping on one another.
To prevent dehydration of products during the air chill phase and to control presentation and color, Marel has developed its 'Plus' technology. This consists of moisturizing cabinets mounted on 180° corner wheels outside the main box of the air chiller itself. They moisten either all inside and outside surfaces or outside surfaces only. The number, mixture and position will depend on the required product presentation. Please note that no moisture or water is added to the product itself!
- Completely automatic in-line system
- Detailed information, tracking and tracing
- High-speed air blown on the products without harming quality
- Very rapid cooling to the desired deep muscle temperature
- Downflow 'Plus' moisturizing cabinets prevent dehydration of products
- Correct control of the air temperature, avoiding freezing of thinner parts
- 'Used' air is sucked back to the evaporator/cooler to be cooled again
- Alternating overhead conveyor tiers
- Also suitable for chilling giblets, transported on a belt conveyor