Better utilization of raw material
The plucking action determines the extent to which the epidermis remains attached to the carcass.This is especially important if birds (or portions of them) are to be sold fresh skin-on.
Enhanced product quality
Pluckers/finishers follow one or more attack pluckers in higher capacity lines. A plucker/finisher is specialized in removing feathers from particular critical parts of the bird, such as wings and tail.
Hygienically optimal layout
The pluckers/finishers are extremely user-friendly, with the ability to simply adjust height, width and rotation. Hygiene is an integral part of the process, and so all machines are easily accessible for cleaning purposes.
Unbeatable performance at highest line speeds
Stork pluckers/finishers feature more plucking discs than regular pluckers, with fewer fingers per disc. The compact plucking fields closely follow the contours of the product—from hocks to wing tips—allowing all areas to be plucked effectively, even at incredibly high line speeds.
- User-friendly A-frame design for stability and accessibility
- Two tilting cabinets or individual banks and flat discs with 8 plucking fingers
- Machine closed at top to prevent feathers from escaping
- Integral guides to keep birds firmly in shackle during plucking
- Integral feather deflectors
- Double non-slip hexagonal V-belt drive mechanism with calibrated tensioner
- Ventilated motors and discs
- Triple seal plucker/picker disc bearing housings to prevent feather and water ingress
- Long-life maintenance free bearings
- Controlled temperature and air flow though the cabinets